Jim Barnish, Jr.
Corporate Strategy and Operations, Tech M&A / Venture Capital Investing, Integration Planning and Execution, Management Consulting Startups, Agile Growth Strategy and Leadership. Sector Expertise
Software (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, Human Capital Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, Customer Relationship Management, MarTech), Emerging Technologies (Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, AR / VR, Enterprise Taxonomy and Ontology Management), Venture Capital, Social Media, Financial Services, Distribution and Retail. Background
Jim is a strategic change leader with over 15 years of leadership experience in global and integrated operations, M&A, and strategic go-to-market planning. Over the course of Jim's career, he has successfully worked with companies undergoing roll-up mergers and acquisitions, accelerated business development, process improvement, change management and operational transformation initiatives – guiding organizations in the effort to reinvent themselves and spur growth.
Jim has served in senior management, board capacities, and management consulting startups including his role prior to joining Morgan Hill, as founder and CEO of Startup Solutions. Drawing upon deep operational and investment experience at startup and scale-up businesses, Jim has created and curated a collection of proven, data-driven processes and methodologies to help companies build scalable and fundable VC ready solutions – accelerating organic growth. Highlights
- Startup Solutions: CEO - Created 250% year-over-year revenue growth.
- Racemi: Chief of Staff - Strategic restructuring and turnaround. Acquired by DXC.
- Florida Funders: Director of Investment Strategy - Led deal flow, due diligence and supporting business processes. 15+ venture-backed portfolio companies.
- Tribridge: Corporate Strategy & Strategic Initiatives leader.
- Supervalu: District Operations Manager - Drove 30-50% profitability increases year-over-year in the turnaround of nine store locations. Developed application (with IT) for use by executives across the company to reduce loss.
- University of South Florida / University of Tampa: MBA, MS - Management