Twenty-six years of software development industry experience. Twenty-one years of experience in Enterprise Application Development. Focus areas include Information Security, Natural Language Processing, Pattern Analysis, Semantic Analysis, Block chain implementations, and large-scale deployments. Highly experienced in building scalable Linux infrastructures for mass deployment. Proficient in functional programming, object-oriented analysis, and algorithmic development. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Three patents awarded and multiple patents pending in the information security area.
Basit holds a Ph.D. and M.S. in Computer Engineering from University of Miami. He has numerous publications in international journals and has served as consultant for multinational companies. He has consulted with companies such as CBOE and Vanguard Mutual Funds as a security architect. Education
- University of Miami, Miami, FL - Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Engineering
- University of Miami, Miami, FL - Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore - Bachelor and Science in Electrical Engineering
- Senior Member IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers)
- Member IEEE Computer Society
- Member IEEE Communications Society
- Member IT International's Who's Who
- Wrote research and technical articles in internationally circulated journals
- Served as a referee for a number of international conference and journal papers.
- Presented at numerous international conferences.
- Wrote a number of proposals for research and education grants in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Miami, Florida.
- Awarded Patent "Method, System and Apparatus for Providing Stateful Information Redaction."US patent 8590034.
- Awarded patent titled "Automated software metering of digital payloads." US patent 6,199,054.
- Awarded patent titled "Method and apparatus for binding electronic impressions made by digital identities to documents." US patent 6,401,206.
- Filed Patent (pending) "Enterprise Multi-interceptor Based Security and Auditing Method and Apparatus." US patent application 12/539,189.
- Hussain, B. "LDAP, the Internet Standard for Directory Services," Doctor Dobbs Journal, March 1999.
- Hussain, B. "Data Security over the Internet," Smalltalk Report, SIGS Publications, May-June 1998.
- Hussain, B. and Kabuka, M., "A Novel Feature Recognition Neural Network and its Application to Character Recognition," IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, February, 1994.
- Hussain, B. and Kabuka, M., "Accuracy in Three Dimensional Position Verification of a Robot using Real Time Moment Generation," IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, February, 1990
- Hussain, B. and Kabuka, M., "A Novel Algorithm for Neural Network Implementation of Boolean Functions," IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks..
- Hussain, B. and Kabuka, M., "A High Performance Feature Recognition Neural Network forCharacter Recognition," Second International Conference on Automation, Robotics and Computer Vision (ICARCV), September, 1992, Singapore.
- Hussain, B. and Kabuka M., "Neural Network Transformation of Arbitrary Boolean Functions,"SPICE's 1992 International symposium on Optical and Applied Sciences, San Diego, July 1992
- Kabuka M. and Hussain, B., "Position Verification using Real-'time Moment Generation,"Second International Symposium on Robotics & Manufacturing, Albuquerque, NM, November, 1988
- Kabuka M., Hussain, B. And Shironshita, E.P., "Multirobot Motion Planning in a Flexible Manufacturing System," PROCIM, Orlando, Florida, November, 1988.
- Hussain, B. and Kabuka M., "Real Time Gray Scale Moment Generation of up to Seventh Order, PROCIM, Orlando, Florida, November, 1988.
- Kabuka M. and Hussain, B., "Real Time Algorithm for Three Dimensional Position Verification*,"Proceedings of IEEE Computer Society, Workshop on Computer Vision*, Miami Beach, FL, December, 1987.